Since being laid off I have a lot of time on my hands. Time that I can do fun stuff, like write and time to do not so much fun stuff, like clean my house.
Today was the clean the house day. A not so fun thing to do, but in all points extremely necessary. So I vacuumed the carpet, dusted the furniture, cleaned the bathroom, and the most dreaded job - washing the dishes last.
The pile was obscenly high and I regretted leaving this job to the last minute. There would be time to berate myself later, right now there were dishes to wash.
I ran the water until it changed to the desired temperature of past warm, but not quite scorching hot. I soaped up my dishrag and set to washing. I realize that I use a large amount of dishwashing liquid, but I like to make sure that the dishes I wash are clean.
It seemed to take forever for me to breach the large pile, but soon enough I could start to see the bottom of the sink. But just when I thought I had washed, rinsed and set the last dish on the drying rack, ten more dirty dishes would be sitting in the sink waiting to be washed.
What?
1106th Friday Blog Roundup
1 day ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment