What does this mean, you ask?
"Duel income, no kids,"
I got called that today. Yes, *sigh* the hits just keep on coming, but have no fear, I was sure to hit back. I'm wondering if for some reason I'm setting myself up for these rude comments. I don't think I am, but who knows? I can only imagine that they will get worse as our 9th anniversary comes in 15 days.
I keep looking into the mirror to see if there is a target sign on my forehead that says "Yes, please direct insensitive comment, bad advice, or useless platitude here." So far I haven't seen one show up.
We have this smart-alecky lady at work. She is a member at my club and she was talking to my boss. I'm not sure how the subject came up, but she made this comment about my boss being a D.I.N.K before she had kids. And then she said, "This one is too," directing the "dink" comment to me.
"Not by choice." I answered quickly.
"Well you know, if you just stop trying, and have a few martinis it'll happen."
"Yes, because it always works out like that, doesn't it?"
I walked away before the compulsion to poked both her eyes out took over.
I really wish people would think before opening their mouths. I wish they would allow that filter in their brain to do its job before they say anything. I really wish they would think about how their "innocent" comments hurt people.
On the plus side today, I used my free drink coupon at Starbucks and got a Venti. WOO HOO!!!
1106th Friday Blog Roundup
1 day ago


6 comments:
OUch...I am so sorry she didn't think before talking...so many people do that these days. However, I am glad you got your Venti.
How insensitive! I am sorry that you had to deal with that. Good for you for speaking up! And for getting the Starbucks!
good for you for walking away, I would have rolled my eyes at her and called her a dingbat.
sorry, but.
I've gotten DINKs thing too. Sigh.
But seriously.... NPH on GLEE??? You wouldn't tease a girl, would you??? You've brought me the best news of the century... and for that, I crown you most awesome person of the day. Woo hoo!!
Heehee :D Thanks Kate, I'm truly honored.
We should come up with an acronym for people who don't have enough sense to keep their mouths shut!
ICLW #29
Post a Comment