CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

And The Research Begins

Michael and I have started the research process into Adoption agencies, and I have to be honest - its a bit overwhelming. There is so much information out there its hard to know where to start.

Like where do you go to have a Home Study done? Do you go through your own county? If you adopt from an agency in another state will your county still do a Home Study for you? Which agency is the best one? How do we find out which agency is the best one for us?

I understand that there is a lot involved in domestic infant adoption. I'd be naive if I thought it was an easy process. I just wish the research part was a little easier, but I guess it wouldn't be called research if it was easy.

I'm the type of person that likes to know everything about something before I do it, so this process will definitely be about showing me patience and reminding me that in everything God is in control.

1 comments:

Jess said...

You sound like me when we were researching adoption! Just take it one step at a time and you will be fine. Once you decide upon an agency or facilitator they will help you with most of it, i.e. homestudies, interstate adoptions, etc. Praying for you as you begin this process.

Post a Comment