Welcome! If you would like to know more about ICLW just click on the green icon to the right. If you are visiting here for the first time let me share a bit about myself and give you the summarized version of our story.
Michael and I have been married for 9 years and have been TTC our first for 6 1/2 years.
After 3 years of no pregnancies we discovered that I had PCOS causing annovulation so we decided to see an RE. We did 4 cycles of Clomid and the last one was successful, however it was a tubal pregnancy and I ended up losing a tube and our first child.
The next option after the Clomid we did injectables w/IUI. After 4 cycles the last one worked but not good enough as I miscarried early. Treatments and medications got increasingly expensive not to mention emotionally taxing on our hopes and dreams.
We felt that we needed to redirect our focus on other ways of building a family, so we will eventually be pursuing domestic infant adoption. We haven't yet made a formal decision on selecting an agency. We are still in the information stage and working through the emotions and grief of not being able to have children of our own. We are somewhere in the middle (hence the title of my blog) of no longer trying, but not yet ready for adoption.
Hopefully by the middle of this year we will be a bit further in the adoption process. I think that is it so far.
Happy ICLW week. I look forward to meeting new people.
Making Bets
1 day ago

6 comments:
Hi!! thank you so much for having found me through ICLW and here I am, already a follower. I can't believe how many things we have in common, the only difference is that we are still trying and also on the adoption (endless) journey. I wish you will find peace in your heart and will be ready soon to move on with the adoption, i have no doubt that as soon as you will hold your baby all the past grief will have been worth it. Much love, Fran
I'm so sorry for your losses but extremely happy to hear that you're pursuing adoption in an effort to build your family. I hope your journey isn't a long one!
ICLW
#101
http://thegalwho.wordpress.com/
I'm sorry for your losses.
Wishing you all the best for your adoption journey.
Take Care. (visiting from ICLW)
You've had such a fascinating journey thus far. Perhaps taking this time to reflect and consider where to go next will give you the focus for the next leg of this experience. All the best!
ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/
I'm so glad I found your blog through ICLW. I am so very sorry for your losses. My husband and I have been trying 2.5 years and have recently decided to adopt. Our insurance doesn't pay for treatments and we just could not continue to pay for treatments when there was a big chance that they wouldn't work. After much grief, prayer and a lot of discussion, we have decided to adopt through domestic adoption. We are very excited about this process. I'll be following along to see what you decide.
I'm so sorry that you've had so much heartbreak and multiple losses over the last 6 years. Praying adoption goes more smoothly for you. Best of luck! Happy ICLW!
Post a Comment