CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Things are Starting to Move Along Nicely

Okay, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been a bit overwhelmed with getting little things done in regards to our adoption and mixed up in some work drama, (which as of this moment has been resolved).

I finally finished our Life Book last Saturday (8/7) and ordered two copies from Shutterfly.com (one to be sent to us and one to be sent to the agency). I found out Thursday (8/12) it had arrived at the agency. Ours arrived the same day. We could start to be profiled by birthmoms as soon as next week.

We found an agency here to do our homestudy and training. We met with our new Social Worker yesterday afternoon and she is very sweet. We start the training on Aug 24th and I have my individual interview with her this coming Wednesday...at our apartment. I'm a little nervous, but not worried.

I am a teeny bit apprehensive about having to share with her the ectopic story, and because its part of our infertility story I know it will come up. Its not that I don't want to tell it. I just haven't told that story in a while and the last time I did share it, we were in therapy, and I sobbed the entire time.

It will be fine. Really it will. I'll be talking to her for about two hours, which is 80 minutes longer than one of our counselling sessions...it will be fine.

I hope Jack is on his best behavior. It would really suck if he attacked me while the social worker is at our apartment.

Well thats where we are. I'm glad that things are starting to move along for us.

7 comments:

Kakunaa said...

Wow!! Things are really moving along so quickly, it is very exciting! Congratulations. And if you cry, you cry. They expect you to acknowledge the pain and loss...it's healthy and part of your story. HUGS

Fran said...

wow!! a lot is happening!! I'l be thinking of you an do update soon!!

Jana said...

Hope all goes well with your homestudy and interview. You will do great.

Three Cats and a Baby said...

We didn't get into any of my infertility stories during my one on one meeting.

And our cat Layla threw up right at our social worker's feet...and she laughed it off as Adam frantically cleaned it up....so you'll be fine with whatever Jack does, hahaha.

I wish you the best of luck!! Just relax and be yourself. You will be great :)

Everly said...

so exciting that things are moving along now. i wish you two the best. i don't understand the homestudy involved with adoption, can you explain that?

Trisha said...

I was nervous about those meetings too but they went fine! I'm sure you'll do great, just be yourself!

Kir said...

I am so glad that you have some of the "BIG STUFF" done..I am sure it's takes a little of the pressure off for sure.
You sound like you're in a good place and I'm glad. This is just one step closer.....

thinking of you!!!!

Post a Comment