CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 11, 2011

I Hate My Ovaries

I'm late again, and I blame my ovaries. They are not known for doing anything I ask them to do. They don't produce eggs, just cysts and I blame them for making my cycles long.

I'm a bit bummed. I thought my cycles were regulating. For the last two years, after our last miscarriage in August 2009, my cycles had been coming fairly consistently, without the aid of icky birth control pills (a.k.a Crazy in pill form). It had been nice to have something normal occurring for a change, even if we weren't able to get a pregnancy out of it.

Every once in a while I'd have a long cycle, but then it would regulate and I was "normal" once again.

During those long cycles I had hoped that maybe I was pregnant. Maybe I had defied the odds and my lazy left ovary had decided to produce an egg instead of cysts. Or that the overachieving right ovary, who doesn't have a tube, had decided to produce a good egg and that egg had decided cross to the other side to the left tube. Sounds absurd, but my RE had told me it could happen.

I tell myself that I'll wait until CD 40 and that will be the day I'll test. I take a test and of course its negative. I start my period the next day or the next week (one time I started my period the day I decided to take a test) and I beat myself up for being so stupid for thinking that the test would be positive this time.

Back to Present Day.

I'm late again, and I don't want to take a test even if today is CD 44.

The ovulation pain I thought I felt three weeks prior was most likely a cyst rupturing. The spotting that occurred a week later was most likely not implantation bleeding, but the result of said cyst rupturing.

So really there is no need for me to take a test, because clearly I'm not pregnant.

I wish I still didn't hope for it to happen.

I wish I didn't think about it anymore.

I wish my ovaries worked.

I wish I had both tubes.

I wish I had regular cycles, because that would mean that a part of me was somewhat normal and not broken.

18 comments:

BrokenBirdsBees said...

I've had irregular cycles too for about 10 years. You're not the only one that hates their lazy ovaries.

Trisha said...

Big hugs to you!

The Hopeful Elephant said...

There is ALWAYS hope, lovie. Always. Until then...we will all hate your ovaries too!

Smooch...

Heather (www.thehopefulelephant.com) I've been a terrible commenter lately, but I do read!!!

Kakunaa said...

HUGS. And much love.

Anonymous said...

I hate my ovaries too!!! We should start a club!

Ashley said...

I'm on CD 42 and feel like I'm about to start. I don't know what's up with my cycle, other than maybe nerves/anxiety. Sucks!

bre said...

((jonelle)) Want me to hate your ovaries too?? I will!

actually I will just pray for your peace of mind and heart while you wait. Waiting is the worst.

Love,
Bre

T said...

Visiting from ICLW. GL with the adoption and Im sorry your body is working!! Hugs!!

#122

Patience said...

here from ICLW

I have the same feelings... actually right now, too. I wish I could have those regular cycles or no cycles at all instead of being in this limbo each time.

Good Luck with your adoption journey. We are also pursuing adoption. I look forward to following your story.

Kelli said...

Hi first time here from ICLW! I have done the same thing as you too many times....and then I'm mad I wasted money on a dang test when I start the next day! Good luck with your adoption...a good friend of mine just finalized hers on Tuesday! (#130) =0)

Anonymous said...

ICLW

Hope never really leaves you. I think in particular if you are a person of faith - you still believe in miracles and you think, why not me? Of course, some things happen in ways that you don't expect and can't control. It's always the way, isn't it?

Carmela said...

Hi there. Visiting from ICLW. I know what you mean when you say you "wish that part of you was somewhat normal and not broken." I feel that way too, and it's not fair to have to go through this struggle. Every cycle, I hang on to hope and then every time AF arrives, I lose it again. It's a roller-coaster ride that I wish I could get off of. I want you to know that I get it, and so do many women just like us. *HUGS* Hang in there.

Carmela
ICLW #65

Carmela said...

Oh, and good luck on the adoption journey!

Liz said...

Visiting from ICLW and feel like I am reading about myself. I also have PCOS and only one tube, frustrating isn't it? My RE also said my other tube could pick up the egg, but I would pay (lots) to see that one happen. I wish. I just started following and am looking forward to reading!

BrokenOven said...

I hate my ovaries too. It's like they're out to get me. :/ **Hugs**

You've been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award - Check out my page for details! Congrats, thank you for sharing your story, and Happy ICLW!

http://juststoptryinganditwillhappen.com/2011/04/25/you-really-like-me/

Anonymous said...

visiting from ICLW

I also have very irregular cycles that have gone on for 50+ days. It is very frustrating when our bodies don't work like they are supposed to. Hope your adoption journey is short!

BTW--I love the verse you have at the top right side of your blog. That's one of my favorites.

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Ugh! I have PCOS and the dreaded long cycles too! They are the worst when TTC!

Good luck on your journey... Happy ICLW!

Lori LeRoy said...

Same thing has happened to me, and yet my doctor (despite 6 years of trying) tells me to test every 5 days. Seriously?

I'm sorry that your ovaries are being so difficult.

Post a Comment