CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ICLW week :)

Welcome! If you would like to know more about ICLW just click on the blue icon to the left. If you are visiting here for the first time you can find our journey on the left as well. However, if you would like to read a detailed version of our story, you can read it here.

Some random things about me:

1) I met my husband on a blind date.

2) I love roller coasters.

3) When I'm having a bad day I crank up my iPod to "Don't Stop Believin'" and sing at the top of my lungs and dance till I feel better.

4) My favorite show is Friends. (I bought the DVDs in order of funniness.)

5) My Disneyland Pass is awesome and the best investment I ever made.

Well that is a little bit about me :) Happy ICLW week. I look forward to meeting new people.

Edit to add: I neglected to include which version of "Don't Stop Belivin'" I rock out too. Its the Glee version. LOVE GLEE!!!

13 comments:

Stickles McQueen said...

Journey music just has a way of expelling the blues, doesn't it? I've become a huge fan of the "Glee" version of "Don't Stop Believin" and have discovered some other Glee songs to add to my iPod when I need cheering up. "Defying Gravity" and "Taking Chances" in particular.

Angie said...

I also love Journey and roller coasters! (And if I lived close by, I'd definitely have a Disney pass, too!)

Happy ICLW (#48)

Anonymous said...

I love that you have a Disneyland pass, lol. Great blog, can't wait to read more. I'm your newest follower from IComLeavWe.

-K
http://mypottyseat.blogspot.com/

women:s health and fertility said...

I'm sorry that you are stuck somewhere in the middle. With so many setbacks, the ectopic and the IUIs it's no wonder you feel quite disheartened. You are still in a good age-range to conceive, so I'd like to share with you just a bit of my story as an RE & infertility patient. My wife & I tried for 12 years in the 80's & 90's when ART was not as good as it is now. She did the clomid, the iui's and finally agreed to do IVF at 37. She had endo issues, I had sperm issues but in the end, with our first IVF & lucky enough to have been one of the earlier patients to use ICSI...we had our BFP. I tell my patients not to give up, but to keep their eyes on the goal. You can have a family, as you have said, even if it is through adoption.
Good luck! ICLW #7

Tammy said...

Okay, you inspired me. I am going to download some Journey to cheer me up too! I need some upbeat, summertime tunes to use when I'm walking! Oh and Boston...

Hoping with you on this journey and wishing you well as you face whatever is next. I appreciate you taking the break. You've been through so much already. We probably would have had an easier time had I (DH would have...) allowed us time to breathe. We are joyfully parenting now, even if the journey has been much different than we expected. Wishing you well... glad I found you, and looking forward to following you!

Tammy
from ICLW (my maiden voyage)

Fran said...

What a blind date that must have been! Happy ICLW week you too my friend. Fran

Keiko Zoll said...

"Journey? I love journey!" I'm reminded of that clip from Family Guy where the guys start singing Don't Stop Believing, and this old lady at a funeral gets up and starts dancing :) Also, I love "Don't Stop Believin" - I *might* have blown out the speakers on my old car listening to it cranked up all the way.

I know you're in the middle of figuring out next steps. I was there recently. My husband and I made the decision to adopt literally last week. Having firmly made this decision- it's changed everything. Our outlook has changed completely- it's like we've got our hope back. I say this not to pressure you, but rather to let you know that once you make solid decisions with a plan of action, it feels so good.

Wishing you all the best in your journey and Happy ICLW!

~Miriam (ICLW #94) Hannah Wept, Sarah Laughed

daega99 said...

Lovely things about you!!!

ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

Kristin said...

I love roller coasters too! We're going to Carowinds next Friday and I can't wait to ride the coasters.

~ICLW

VA Blondie said...

I also met my husband on a blind date! I guess we are proof that it does work out!

Here from ICLW.

Kakunaa said...

Awesome inspirational song. Can't go wrong with that. I wish you much luck with your adoption journey and hugs for all you have been through. Happy ICLW!!!

Jana said...

enjoyed poking around your blog. sorry you are stuck in the middle right now. my last treatment was a chemical pregnancy ivf in october. not fun.

iclw #125

findjoynow.blogspot.com

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

I love Glee. I love Journey. I love Friends. You are one cool person!!
~ICLW

Post a Comment