One thing I liked about the show Friends is that they not only dealt with Chandler and Monica's journey with infertility, but they also showed their journey with domestic infant adoption. Of course through the magic of TV their adoption was not only uncharacteristically quick, it was easy, and they ended up with TWINS!!!
Please understand that I'm not naive enough to think that DIA will be an easy process for us like it was for Chandler and Monica. We haven't even decided on an agency yet, still researching other agencies.
The weird thing is I'm not as obsessed about this process as I have been in the past when "Operation Baby" started 6 1/2 years ago. And I guess a lack of obsession is always a good thing, but does the lack of obsession mean a lack of dedication on my part? Does it mean that I don't care as much about adoption as I once did of TTC (trying to conceive)?
I can't believe I'm fretting over not being obsessed about adoption.
*facepalm*

3 comments:
Hey girl!! I found your blog through a friend of a friend and I would love to talk to you about adoption. We adopted our little boy 3 weeks ago and it took us a week and a half to get picked. I have done a lot of work researching!! My email is llamphron@gmail.com. I use to live in bham but now live in nashville.
If you want to talk, email me. We worked with an adoption coordinator. From the time of talking to her, until our baby was home...2 months. Not even kidding. She's amazing.
You made me LOL! "I can't believe I'm fretting over not being obsessed about adoption." This is a good place to be in order to make good decisions. I'm in Canada so I wouldn't be much help on details type stuff, but it is a good thing to take your time to pick an agency that will not only take good care of you, but consider the ethics of it all.
Oh and as for Monica and Chandler (Friends is my alltime fave series!!), the whole adoption scenario was so farfetched (although I am sure that somebody has a similar story, that is how unique each adoption experience is!) that it was fun to watch. And also be amused at all the people who were in such an uproar about how adoption was portrayed. As if anything about Friends shows the true reality of life. It is escaping at its best and I have loved it from the beginning.
Ok, I've spent way too much of your time commenting today...
Post a Comment